Friday, April 15, 2011

Walking the Walk

Yesterday I was locked out of my house. A simple slip up and a wonderful moment in my week. The sun was out, I had my laptop, so I walked to my local coffee shop for my fair trade double-double.

{{ This is actually noteworthy 
because I never walk to the coffee shop.}}






The walk gave me time to think.
It gave me time to breathe.
It gave me time to let the brain create.
I was literally whistling as I step-stepped down the road and I realized that I was, for the first time, really walking the walk. My zero carbon footsteps took me where I needed to be, and that realization left me quite rattled. It had been so long since I had walked - well anywhere, really - and it's such a simple thing to do.
Here I am, working hard to use recycled papers and solar-powered websites, and I am missing out on the simplest idea of all.

Walking!

It's healthier, it's cheaper, it's non- polluting, and there's no excuse not to do it.
I'm making a goal this summer to walk.
If you see the red beetle booting around town feel free to give me the thumbs down. 
Red thumbs-down buggy no punch backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment