Saturday, June 25, 2011

FSC New Home

So hubby and I recently purchased a new home.
It's framed and on it's way towards completion.
(October 2011.)

I was so amazed when I was walking through the space, and saw that the wood frame is FSC certified. Great Gulf Homes, you have my hoorah- thanks for giving us the right base to build a home on!

Sustainably harvested wood must be more and more common; nobody told us about the great wood choices that they would be making when we purchased. I realize now that it is definitely something that I should have asked about when making the decision to buy. (Hangs head in shame.)

Lesson learned. (Yes, some days I do learn.)

My take-away: Even when you think sustainable is out of the question- it might be within reach. There's no harm in asking for the materials that you want. Quite obviously, they are attainable, within budget, and being used right under my nose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment